Combine the delicious taste of squash and pancakes together for a squash fritter. So amazing and delicious. A must try!
What you will need:
2 butternut squashes
½ onion (red or white- your preference)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Pinch of Sugar
6 ounces of organic cheese (whatever you prefer- I used mozzarella)
½ cup of olive oil
1 cup of flour (If you like them more pancake like, you can add more flour)
Sour Cream (If you would like to serve it with sour cream)
1. Wash your squash clean and then grab your fork. Take your fork to the squash and scrap it to get little pieces. Anything left over can be cut into tiny pieces as shown below.
2. Shred some amazing organic cheese or use whatever cheese you would like.
3. Cut up a ½ onion into tiny little pieces
4. Add your onion, pinch of sugar, black pepper (to taste), splash of olive oil, squash and water in a large bowl. Mix it all up.
5. Add the flour to the bowl and mix completely
6. Throw some olive oil on the skillet and then a lump of the squash fritter mix. Wait a minute, brown eat side as flipping over.
7. Enjoy! I love to add Sour Cream and top mine off with extra cheese