Who loves pasta? ME! I was looking for a healthier version of pasta, as well as a way to include my greens for the day!
I did it with Spaghetti Zucchini Pasta! I made it with an amazing creamy basil sauce and thought I would share with all of you!
First thing is first, buy your zucchinis! I bought my organic zucchinis from one of my favorite places Marianos! I grabbed my Paderno World Cuisine (which I am obsessed with by the way!) and loaded my zucchini on there! It is so extremely easy and only takes a minute or two to do a few zucchinis and wala!
You can make different size noodles and thickness depending on what you like or the vegetable you are using.
Pasta is ready to be cooked! I put my zucchini aside and got the sauce ready!
You will need: 2 cups of fresh basil, ½ cup of Parmesan cheese, 4 cloves of diced fresh garlic, ¼ cup of olive oil, dash of pepper, a dash of heavy cream (you can use any type of cream you prefer, or even diary free cream or diary free cheese like Daiya if you would like) & a ½ cup of shredded fresh mozzarella.
1. In a food processor or my favorite- Magic bullet, toss in your basil and fresh garlic. Add olive oil and blend for about 60 seconds. Then add Parmesan cheese, blend a little more. (Usually at this point I start with cooking the zucchini pasta so they are all ready at the same time)
2. Add your cream to the sauce pan and heat it up. Stir constantly. Add your fresh mozzarella. Pour all your ingredients in the saucepan. Let the sauce thicken for 5 minutes and than it is ready to go on your zucchini pasta.
How do you cook the zucchini pasta you say?
Well here you go:
1. Fill your pot with water and a dash of salt. Boil the water.
2. Add your zucchini noodles!
3. Let boil for about 5 minutes. If you prefer them thicker/harder than minutes should be good.
4. Take noodles out and drain
Add your sauce on top of your noodles and wala! The most delicious meal ever! I top it off with a little more Parmesan cheese ❤ Love!