Do you have to eat gluten free for your diet or health reasons? Why not check out the expo of the year with all the gluten free yummies!! The GFAF Expos are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the US. Started in 2007, the events are professionally managed and have expanded from one to eight cities throughout the United States. In addition to meeting the needs of the Celiac community, the Expo welcomes those with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/inflammatory diseases and autism. I have gone before and the expo is truly incredible. So many vendors and so much education. You don’t want to miss it. You can buy your tickets here!
Looking for a gluten free recipe that is the bomb? Look no further! Gluten free banana bread:
|1 ¾ cups||Brown Rice Flour|
|¼ cup||Potato Flour|
|¼ cup||Coconut Sugar|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Powder|
|3||small Bananas (mashed)|
|½ cup||apple puree|
|3 tablespoons||Maple Syrup|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla Extract|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/175 degrees Celsius. And line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick parchment paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour all wet ingredients on top of the dry and gently mix through until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake in middle of oven for approximately 45 minutes. Check that the centre is cooked by using a skewer or chop stick, making sure that it comes out clean. If not bake for 5 or 10 minutes longer.
- Gently remove from loaf pan and turn onto a wire cooling rack. Leave for about an hour until it has completely cooled. This will make it easy to cut so the loaf does not fall apart.
Now who wants to WIN something gluten free and fabulous? Win a ticket to go to the Schaumburg, IL Gluten Free Expo. Comment below with your favorite gluten free item and winners will be chosen on April 2, 2018. Have a fun and fabulous gluten free day!